After much waiting, I finally released Zelda UO BETA 6! This was the first animation we made that had drawn backgrounds. With Newgrounds.com being the main place I posted animations, getting images smaller was a must. Struggling to get gif files smaller, this episode finally made it out after much trial and error. The Flash version does not have a watermark in the corner, which is present in the video version because I used a trial version of some swf to video conversion software which watermarks whatever file someone decides to convert.
Making my work look better was a new goal in mind at the time. All character models had a lot more care put into them since the backgrounds were getting a tune up. However, this new level of detail started to hinder my willingness to animate characters as much when they’re stationary, causing movement to start becoming stiff and puppet-like in some instances.
Oddly enough, this was the only animation I did between 2006 and 2011 that had all backgrounds done in only Photoshop. Future animations released after 2011 would have all backgrounds rendered in 3D, and then touched up in Photoshop to help fit the 2D characters.